Kelly Stewart | LCSW
Kelly Stewart (she/her) is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with over 20 years of experience as a social worker and mental health care provider. Kelly is skilled at providing individual and group therapy for adults dealing with a variety of mental health challenges, diagnoses and life stressors. She is known for her warm and mindful presence and strives to first and foremost provide a safe, supportive and inclusive healing and learning environment for her clients.
Kelly integrates dialectical behavior therapy skills, cognitive behavior therapy and holistic therapy components, when appropriate, in her work with clients. She specializes in creating healthy and meaningful change with clients by applying these practices to:
- regulating painful and intense emotions,
- challenging barriers to healthy coping and clear thinking,
- managing difficulties in functioning, such as due to depression and/or anxiety,
- addressing difficult and traumatic life experiences,
- enhancing self compassion and self esteem,
- adapting to life changes and transitions and healing after loss.
Kelly is inspired by the work of Dr. Brene Brown, who says “Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen.” She is passionate about utilizing the work of Dr. Brown, such as by supporting clients in cultivating their authentic selves and exploring the guideposts for wholehearted living. Kelly relocated to the Milwaukee area from Des Moines, Iowa in Fall 2021 and is happy to have joined the Red Oak Counseling Team.