This weekly group is designed to serve as a safe space for adults in the LGBTQIA+ community to process their experiences. Group topics will be chosen by the group and can include a focus on having a safe space to talk among peers, sharing resources, gaining support as you navigate the complexities of life and work, and to process trauma related to the various aspects of your identity. Additional topics may include:
- Support for folks who identify under the transgender umbrella including gender queer, gender non-conforming, non-binary, and transgender
- Homophobia in the workplace or family structure
- Coming out to friends, family, and coworkers
- A safe space to share and hear each other’s stories
- Trauma (physical, emotional, and sexual) that relates to your identity
- The intersectionality of various aspects of one’s queer identity including culture, gender, & sexuality
This group is facilitated by a therapist who is a member of the queer community and is highly trained in treating trauma.