Binge Eating and More Group (BEAM)
BEAM is open to individuals struggling with binge eating and/or emotional eating. If you can answer yes to any of the following, this group might be for you:
- My worth is determined by my weight
- I participate in behaviors of binge eating, emotional eating, or mindless eating
- I struggle with feeling anxious or depressed when the topic of food is brought up
- Fear about food and calories consume my thoughts
- I often feel loathing, disgust, and hatred toward my body
This group will focus on changing the relationship with food by recognizing and addressing eating triggers, social media pressures, diet mentality, body image disturbances, and healthy ways to cope. Additionally, we’ll explore together how struggles with depression, anxiety, and perfectionism contribute to binge eating and emotional eating behaviors.