Our Red Oak Philosophy
We believe that every day is an opportunity to learn and grow, and it is our responsibility to give ourselves that beneficial change. Renewing our passion for growth and knowledge allows us to receive the inspiration we need to use our skills and emerge as leaders. As we learn more about ourselves, we are able to better assess what it is that we need to enhance our lives and stimulate success.
Kevin Polky, Executive Director
Group therapy is an extremely helpful tool that can be used in addition to individual work. Compared to individual therapy group sessions allow individuals to connect with others who have already been through the same thing, or are currently experiencing it.
Many people feel a sense of relief and community being able to relate to others and their experiences while sharing their own. It also allows you to gain a wider range of insight into your own situation because others can give you feedback in a non-biased, non-judgmental way. During your assessment at Red Oak Counseling your therapist will recommend and discuss which groups may be beneficial for you. If you have any questions about our groups currently being offered or requests for future groups please give us a call at (262) 780-1020.
Groups Offered at Elm Grove Office
- Addiction Support and Education for Family and Friends
- Adolescent Eating Disorder Support
- Adolescent Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Group
- Adult Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Group
- Codependency Group
- Eating Disorders- Freedom from Food and Weight
- Family Support: Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Mental Health Support and Education for Family and Friends
- Men’s Group
- Mind, Body & Spirit
- Safe Space: Queer Identity Group
- Teen Group
- Pet Loss Support Group
- Substance Abuse/Addiction
- Women’s Group